Welcome back, everyone!
The first AIM Analytics session is consist of an introduction to events that will happen in this academic year, series of micro talks, and a community discussion. The detailed agenda is below:
- Intro to series
- Introducing our new reading/hacking group
- ASSISTments Data Mining Competition
- Micro talks
- Benjamin Koester: Measuring Effects and outcomes of Learning Communities at UMich
- Rohail Syed: Retrieval Algorithms Optimized for Human Learning
- Josh Gardner: Building, Evaluating, and Replicating MOOC Dropout Models
- Phoebe Liang: Best Answer Prediction in MOOC Discussion Forums
- Heeryung Choi: Understanding diversity attributes in students : From learner diversity to different opinions
- Nia Dowell: A temporal lens: Understanding changes of MOOC learners
- Carl Haynes: How am I doing? : Student-Facing Performance Dashboards in Higher Education
- Rebecca Quintana: Visualizing course structure: Just bead it!
- Socialization and discussion